Based on forecasts, Hurricane Matthew will impact parts of eastern Florida and other parts of the Southeast coast starting Thursday, Oct. 6, and continuing through the weekend. Areas of Florida will be severely impacted as well as portions of Georgia and the Carolinas. Major effects include damaging winds, storm surge coastal flooding, battering waves and beach erosion. Fuel shortages are also expected throughout the affected areas.
As the deadly storm approaches, WEX Fleet has launched this informational hub to provide the latest updates on storm timing, path and impact, as well as insights to help manage the effect of this disruption on your fleet business.
Track Hurricane Matthew
- National Hurricane Center
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s hurricane update page
- The Weather Channel
- New York Times
WEX Fleet Resources
- Follow @WEXFleet on Twitter for updates on the ongoing impact of Hurricane Matthew on fuel availability.
- Get the latest fuel prices and closest service stations at your fingertips with WEX Connect, which helps drivers find fuel and service stations available in the local area. Download the mobile app through the App Store or Google Play (Android, iPhone, iPad).
- Check out the WEX Fleet Dispatch blog for additional information and insights on best managing the ongoing impact a natural disaster or fluctuations in fuel prices.
- Follow us on Social Media