Colonial Pipeline safely restarted its Line 1 pipeline, which runs through Shelby County, Alabama, and carries gas to much of the Southeast and East coast, on Sept. 21. While the pipeline has returned to service, Colonial Pipeline anticipates it will take from several days to a couple of weeks for the fuel delivery supply chain to recover and for fuel prices to regulate.
During this trying time, WEX Connect is available as a resource to help managers and drivers impacted by this situation find the most cost-effective type of fuel they need. Download the mobile app through the App Store or Google Play.
A Critical Situation
A broken pipeline in Alabama—which runs from Houston to New York and carries gas to much of the Southeast and East Coast—has created a severe gas shortage in the Southeast region. In addition to areas with limited access to fuel, gas prices are also steadily rising.
While a number of states, including Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, have declared emergencies and relaxed restrictions on fuel transportation to combat shortages and price spikes, challenges remain throughout the region.
In the midst of this event, WEX Fleet has launched this informational hub to provide you with the latest updates on the situation, as well as insights that may help to minimize the impact of this disruption.
The Latest News
- ABC News
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Bladen Journal
- Fortune – http://fortune.com/2016/09/21/colonial-pipeline-restart/
- Fortune – http://fortune.com/2016/09/22/colonial-pipeline-restart-safe/
- Fox News
- Wall Street Journal
- WCNC (via AP)
- The Weather Channel
Stay in the Know with WEX’s Resources
- Follow WEX’s Fleet Dispatch blog for additional information and insights on best managing the Southeast fuel shortage.
- Make sure you have the latest fuel prices at your fingertips. WEX Connect helps drivers find fuel and service stations available in the local area. Download the mobile app through the App Store or Google Play.
- Follow Colonial Pipeline’s incident update page for further information on the pipeline response
- Follow us on Social Media