by WEX Health
At WEX’s Health division, we’re still buzzing—and beat—from hosting the inaugural National Health Savings Account Awareness Day (HSA Day) last week on October 15.
But our many months of preparation for this day were decidedly worth it, as thousands of Americans are now engaged in a dialogue about health savings accounts (HSAs), which are one of the most powerful healthcare and retirement savings vehicles available. Because these accounts are consistently underused by American consumers—mostly because of misconceptions and a big lack of awareness—our goal was to use this day to help more Americans understand the many tax, budgeting and savings advantages of HSAs.
To help spread the word, we engaged with Jean Chatzky as our 2019 HSA Day education ambassador, and enjoyed having WEX chair and CEO Melissa Smith kick off our event, which was held at the New York Stock Exchange and included a panel of HSA consumers hosted by Chatzky.
In case you missed it, we consider these to be HSA Day’s top highlights:
- Around 60 WEX Partners and industry influencers participated in the day through social media sharing, promotional campaigns and local events. Some notable names that used the #LOVEMYHSA hashtag on social include: Avidia Health, Bank of America, Cigna, HSA Bank, MassMutual, Optum, Paychex, Visa and Voya Financial.
- To support Partners in using HSA Day to drive engagement and business opportunities, the Health division marketing team delivered six webinars, 30+ pieces of HSA Day support collateral, HSA Day graphics and HSA Day gear—all of which we made available on a secure Partner HSA Day readiness site.
- If you didn’t get a chance to view our HSA Day broadcast on the 15th, it’s easy to watch the replay by going to www.hsaday.com and clicking the link at the top of the page.
- HSA Day was hugely successful from a media standpoint, driving 538 placements (meaning WEX and/or HSA Day mentioned in a media outlet), leading to more than a half-million eyes on helpful content about HSAs.
- Thanks to everyone who joined the #LOVEMYHSA conversation on social media. Together we drove pretty amazing results: With #HSADay and #LOVEMYHSA hashtags, we achieved a reach of nearly 96 million.
You won’t find us piping down about the benefits of HSAs anytime soon. We’re firm believers in the power of these accounts to build the financial health of Americans at a time when healthcare expenses are higher—and more stressful—than ever.
Not only will we continue the dialogue throughout this year and next—please continue to watch for and share social media posts using the #LOVEMYHSA hashtag—but we’re already planning next year’s HSA Day. If you’ve got ideas on ways we can help more Americans get in on the benefits of HSAs, please send them our way by emailing us at email@example.com.