We made headlines the last few months by tackling the tough issue of healthcare affordability, launching a new partnership to expand options for electric vehicle fleets, and getting real about what it’s like to be a woman in today’s workforce. Here are some highlights of how we’ve been making news.
Our CEO interviewed by CNBC and Cheddar
- What’s next for WEX? That’s what CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke to Melissa Smith about this week on his “Mad Money” show here (or below).
- Live and on-demand video news network Cheddar also had Melissa on this week for a chat about how we’re extending our relationship with Visa to unlock more value for our customers.
Wisdom from the women of WEX
- In a don’t-miss personal essay, Chief Human Resources Officer Melanie Tinto tells Fast Company the story of being head-hunted for a new job while “super-pregnant,” and how what she learned through that experience has shaped her views on integrating a challenging career with a fulfilling family life. She writes: “In order to do it all, you have to first give yourself permission to live by your rules.”
- A Forbes Q&A with Peggy Watson, SVP of global fleet product and marketing, sheds light on how she has succeeded in a male-dominated industry, how she learned to leverage her strengths, and how she applies her personal leadership credo. She advises working women: “Don’t expect to be treated differently from men, and if you are treated differently, don’t accept it.”
Our partnership with ChargePoint to expand fleet charging options
- In partnership with ChargePoint, the world’s largest electric vehicle charging network, we developed and deployed an EV payments system that will allow our 11 million WEX Fleet cardholders to plug into ChargePoint’s 66,000 charging stations. The big news of a more convenient and cost-effective charging option for EV fleets was covered in nearly a dozen outlets, including Trucking Info, Commercial Carrier Journal, Merchants Fleet, Digital Transactions, Automotive Fleet, Work Truck and Government Fleet.
Release of the “Paying for Healthcare in America” report
- Our annual consumer healthcare report underscores the connection between health and wealth, takes on the most common misconceptions about consumer-directed healthcare and outlines opportunities to build consumers’ financial literacy and confidence. BenefitsPRO used the report as a platform to address how healthcare expenses are causing anxiety for consumers. BenefitsLink also covered its release.
Launching National HSA Awareness Day
- PLANADVISER and PLANSPONSOR broke the story of our creation of HSA Day (to be held annually on Oct. 15), encouraging health benefits administrators and HSA providers to support the event by using it to educate consumers about the many benefits of HSAs.
More execs in the news
- President and CEO Melissa Smith talked with Bloomberg Baystate Business about our company’s growth and new headquarters in Portland. She also discussed with PaymentsSource how gender plays a role in the opportunities available for advancement in the fintech industry. PaymentsSource also ran a video clip of Smith speaking at SourceMedia’s Card Forum in New Orleans on May 21.
- WEX Senior Vice President of Travel Payments Jim Pratt appeared in a PhocusWire series about travel payments, explaining the benefits and history of payments via virtual card.
For more on WEX, our employees and why we’re a great place to work, continue exploring our blog.