by Nori Gale
Now in its ninth year, the Payments Awards annually recognizes and celebrates companies that have demonstrated excellence and innovation in the payments space. The annual event takes place in London and was organized this year by FStech and Retail Systems.
WEX wins high honor at annual Payments Awards event: WEX is named Payment Technology Provider of the Year
WEX is thrilled to announce that it won the prestigious Payment Technology Provider of the Year award at the event, surpassing eight other industry players who were shortlisted in the category.
Congratulations to the entire WEX Travel team on receiving this high-profile industry accolade. WEX’s submission detailed its achievements over the past twelve months working closely with WEX customers to navigate the impacts of the COVID pandemic.
The event was hosted by Zoe Lyons who has become one of Britain’s most popular live comedians and put on a great show for this year's attendees.
An esteemed panel of judges selected the winners this year:
- Simon Burrows, Associate Partner, FS Technology, EY
- Robert Courtneidge, Industry Consultant
- Tim Decker, Head of Payment Product Development, Lloyds Banking Group
- Neira Jones, Advisor and National Lead, Payments, FSB
- Mark McMurtrie, Director, Payments Consultancy
- David Parker, Chief Executive, Polymath Consulting
- Paul Rodgers, Chairman, Vendorcom
- Mike Smith, Retail Payments and Banking Products Specialist
- John Schratz, Managing Director, Eclipse Enterprise Consulting
- John Yeomans, Chairman, Paymentology
Learn more about how WEX payment solutions can be tailored to your business, so you can accelerate and streamline operations while creating lasting growth and success for your organization.