This savings calculator is indicative and provided for illustrative purposes only. Comparison calculation between the WEX Motorpass multi-brand fuel card and single branded fuel cards compares the minimum average road distance between all service stations per region to the same branded service stations per region. Actual savings may vary.
This is a model, not a prediction and an estimate only of what you could save based on a set of average assumptions. It is not intended to be your sole source of information when making a decision about the right fuel card for you. Please note that some single branded fuel cards are not accepted in all regions. Using WEX Motorpass may result in significant savings.
The WEX Motorpass Savings Calculator calculates the typical savings associated with drivers not having to divert to a single branded fuel site. The model is designed to illustrate the potential benefits that can be associated with acceptance at multiple fuel brand sites.
• This model is an illustrative guide only, not a prediction. It is calculated based on the average assumptions outlined below.
• It is not intended to be your sole source of information when making a decision about the right fuel card for you.
• The assumptions used in this model are current as at 7 May 2015.
• Car type based on Toyota Camry. Toyota is the leading brand based on Industry data with Camry being typical model size for fleets. Source: Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, New Vehicle Sales, April 2015 & WEX Sales team insights, 07/05/2015.
• Fuel consumption based on Toyota Camry Altise Sedan Auto, combined (L/100km), 7.8, fuel tank size, 70. Source: http://www.toyota.com.au/camry/specifications/altise-sedan-auto?WT.ac=VH_Camry_RangeSpecs_AltiseSedanAuto_Specs, 07/05/2015.
• Fuel price data is based on the national daily average. Source: WEX Australia’s fuel price database.
• Average number of annual kilometres 14,000. Source: 9208.0 – Survey of Motor Vehicle Use, Australia, 12 months ended 30 June 2012, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/9208.0/, 04/05/2015.
• It assumes the average time to fill a car is 10 minutes.
• It assumes 0.493 fills of petrol per week. This figure is based on average kilometres per annum divided by average litres/100km, divided by tank size, divided by weeks per annum.
• It makes no allowance for costs associated with wear and tear on vehicle.
• It makes no allowance for costs associated with tyres and servicing.
• It assumes each year is divided into 52 weeks, 26 fortnights and 12 months of equal length.
• It makes no allowance for emissions impacts due to the additional kilometres travelled diverting to single branded sites.
• It assumes an average salary of $70,000 per annum.