We’re welcoming fall with a media spotlight on many of our top people and projects. Recently, outlets like Forbes and Yahoo! Finance have turned to WEXers for advice on a range of workplace-related topics, while still more media coverage spans events and announcements across our lines of business. Here’s a quick rundown of the latest WEX-related headlines.
WEX execs share perspectives on working parenthood, workplace engagement, more
- WEX CHRO Melanie Tinto talked to Forbes about how to handle an exit interview so you don’t leave a job without a glowing reference.
- On Women’s Equality Day, Yahoo! Finance interviewed our CEO, Melissa Smith, about how WEX has prioritized diversity of thought and gender in the C-Suite.
- Fortune reached out to a number of female founders and CEOs, including our own Melissa Smith, to ask what it’s really like to have a baby while running your company. The feature was also included in The Broadsheet, Fortune’s newsletter for and about the world’s most powerful women.
- David Cooper, WEX’s chief technology officer, wrote a piece for CIO Review with five tips on how to keep your tech staff motivated and engaged.
WEX Fleet fast on its feet
- Bernie Kavanagh, who is senior vice president and general manager of WEX Fleet, explains to Fleet Management Weekly why, as he puts it, “The pace of change in fleet is as fast as it’s ever been … and as slow as it will ever be.”
- When we signed a multi-year extension to be the exclusive provider of private label and universal fleet card services for Phillips 66, the announcement was covered by Commercial Carrier Journal (CCJ), Fuels Market News and Automotive Fleet.
- Automotive Fleet also covered WEX Spark Global Fleet 2019—our three-day event with seminars, technology demonstrations and roundtable discussions about product innovation, strategy and partnership. Melissa Smith kicked off the event, and Scott Phillips, global fleet president, told those gathered, “We use this time together each year to test ideas and gain feedback as we collaborate together.”
Breaking down fintech
- TheStreet’s Stephen “Sarge” Guilfoyle hosted a free half-hour webinar, “Digital Payments: How to Invest in the Coming Revolution,” a roundtable discussion about the fintech industry that included insights from our own Jay Dearborn, president, corporate payments.
For more on WEX, our employees and why we’re a great place to work, continue exploring our blog.