WEX has been progressing comfortably through a multitude of changes over the past year, and this wouldn’t be possible without the hard work from our finance team, most notably our CFO Roberto Simon, who joined the company in February 2016 after his time at the Colomer Group and Revlon and immediately led us through our largest acquisition in company history just four months later.
WEX CFO Roberto Simon Sits Down with CFO Thought Leader
As we continue to grow and globalize, we are happy to have Mr. Simon’s expertise on our side, and are excited to share with you some of the top takeaways from his recent interview with CFO Thought Leader, a podcast and blog for current and aspiring chief financial officers, in which Mr. Simon shares his experience leading WEX as we positioned ourselves to double in size through the acquisition of EFS and other global brands in 2016 and 2017.
In the podcast, Episode 291: Double the Company Size, Mr. Simon discusses his path to financial leadership including:
- Career milestones as he progressed through the ranks at the Colomer Group and Revlon
- His experience in consolidating financial processes and organizations, and how it positions WEX for successful transitions now and in the future.
- His advice for transitioning between industries—from Beauty to Finance—and how other CFOs can make the move.
- His plans to lead the realignment and consolidation that comes as a result of the multitude of acquisitions—Evolution1, Benaissance, EFS, and more.
- His ambitious expectations for growth in revenue, location, employee numbers, and more.
Learn more by listening to the entire CFO Thought Leader Podcast interview with WEX CFO Roberto Simon.
About CFO Thought Leader
CFO THOUGHT LEADER is a lively, groundbreaking digital network. Our mission is to bring you personal firsthand accounts of CFOs who are driving change within their organizations. In addition to their company history we also share the career journey of our spotlighted guest: What did they struggle with? How did they persevere? What makes them successful?
We highlight leadership lessons, “Ah-ha!” moments, and the things that finance leaders stopped doing that was sapping value from their work. Our CFO thought leaders have taught us that one of the most important tasks is to identify “what to stop doing” in order to create the capacity for doing what is required by finance in the 21st century. Learn more about the CFO Thought Leader Podcast and Blog here.