Community is a core value at WEX, and giving back through our corporate philanthropy program is one of the many ways that our company supports our communities. Our corporate grants provide financial support to non-profit organizations serving greater Portland and the state of Maine, where we are headquartered.
We direct our corporate community support towards four overarching categories: the arts, education, social equality, and wellbeing. Learn more
Giving Outside of Maine
In addition to corporate grants program, we also offer smaller grants in several of our locations around the globe. For more information about submitting a grant application for a location outside of Portland, Maine, contact us.
How to Qualify
WEX considers grant requests from charitable, nonprofit organizations as defined by section 501(c)(3) (or similar exempt status) of the IRS tax code, along with other qualified state or local governmental entities.
Before you apply for a grant, keep in mind that WEX does not fund the following types of organizations, activities, or purposes:
- Organizations that are not a registered, tax-exempt charity in good standing.
- Programs serving communities where WEX has neither an office, employee presence, or business impact.
- For profit organizations.
- Political organizations, political candidates, lobbying organizations or governmental entities.
- Religious organizations.
- Individuals for any reason.
- Athletic teams or social groups.
- Fraternal organizations, labor unions and trade organizations.
- Individual schools. WEX does not support individual school fundraising efforts including (but not limited to): school booster clubs, school sports, or similar extracurricular activities for schools, including PTO organizations, project graduation, and school academic clubs.
- Private foundations.
- Religious organizations that only serve specific denominations or congregations. WEX may consider a donation to a religious organization if that organization does not discriminate in the constituency served and/or addresses a broad social need or issue.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for a grant from WEX, complete our grant application form and a member of our team will be in touch regarding your submission.
The deadline for new grant applications for this calendar year is as follows. Please note that applications will be reviewed after the quarterly submission deadline, and all decisions will be communicated as noted on a rolling basis by the end of that quarter.
Application deadline: February 15, 2023 (all decisions communicated by March 31, 2023).
Application deadline: May 17, 2023 (all decisions communicated by June 30, 2023).
Application deadline: August 15, 2023 (all decisions communicated by September 30, 2023).
Application deadline: November 15, 2023 (all decisions communicated by December 18, 2023).