Community is a core value at WEX, and giving back through our corporate philanthropy program is one of the many ways that our company supports our communities. Our corporate grants provide financial support to non-profit organizations serving greater Portland and the state of Maine, where we are headquartered.
We direct our corporate community support towards four overarching categories: the arts, education, social equality, and wellbeing. Learn more
Giving Outside of Maine
In addition to corporate grants program, we also offer smaller grants in several of our locations around the globe. For more information about submitting a grant application for a location outside of Portland, Maine, contact us.
How to Qualify
WEX considers grant requests from charitable, nonprofit organizations as defined by section 501(c)(3) (or similar exempt status) of the IRS tax code, along with other qualified state or local governmental entities.
Before you apply for a grant, keep in mind that WEX does not fund the following types of organizations, activities, or purposes:
- Programs serving residents of communities outside our geographic footprint
- Individual schools
- School teams, booster clubs, or other school activities
- Athletic teams or social groups
- Private foundations
- Political candidates, lobbying, or advocacy organizations
- Organizations with a limited constituency, such as fraternal or labor groups
- Religious organizations that serve a limited constituency
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristic protected by law
- Trips and tours by groups or individuals
We are currently redesigning our grant application. If you have questions about funding from WEX or would like to apply for a grant, please contact email@example.com.