As WEX continues to innovate and grow, our company, people and culture land more often among the headlines. Our “WEX in the News” blog series, launched earlier this summer, captures WEX-related media coverage in one place so you can stay up to date on all the company news that’s fit to print.
Here’s a look at what’s been reported about us over the past month or so:
Our stock price
- In June, our CEO Melissa Smith spoke with CNBC “Power Lunch” host Melissa Lee about what our company does, why we’re located in Maine and what has driven the 87-percent surge in our stock price over the last year. Watch the interview here.
Our new relationship with Visa
We recently announced our new relationship with Visa, which will allow WEX’s corporate payment customers to use a Visa virtual credit card to enable global business-to-business (B2B) payments.
Our Payments Pulse survey
The Payments Pulse 2018 report that WEX released this summer is the result of our partnership with Zogby Analytics, which helped us survey more than 1,000 CFOs and senior financial executives about payments trends, priorities and preferences.
- The report’s findings were highlighted by Digital Transactions, Supply Chain Dive, Mainebiz and The Paypers.
Our fleet cards go mobile with DriverDash
- PaymentsSource profiled our Fleet division’s more decisive shift to mobile, signaled by the launch of DriverDash, which enables fleet drivers to authorize a fuel transaction from inside their vehicles. The outlet says our fleet cards “inspire the company’s most interesting innovations.”
- DriverDash’s rollout was also featured in FuelsMarketNews.com, Automotive Fleet, PYMNTS, Payment Week, Fleet Owner and Convenience Store News.
Our 25-year partnership with ARI
To honor 25 years of doing business together, WEX and fleet management company ARI announced we are releasing co-branded fuel cards for ARI’s fleet customers.
Our renewed commitment with Kum & Go
Earlier this month, convenience store chain Kum & Go renewed its agreement with us to operate and market the company’s commercial fuel card program, which includes private label and universal fleet cards.
Our mission to teach kids to code
- News Center Maine featured our CodeX program, developed in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine. The program helps Maine youth tap into the world of STEM and coding by teaching them to develop their own apps.
Our employees Tri harder
- In late July, 23 WEX employees participated in Maine Cancer Foundation’s Tri for a Cure. Our CEO Melissa Smith—a ten-time Tri participant herself—spoke with WMTW about WEX’s commitment to supporting the event and fighting cancer in Maine.
- This month, the Glass Hammer, a career resource for women, published this piece with career advice from Melanie Tinto, our chief human resources officer.
- Bernie Kavanagh, our senior vice president and general manager of large fleet, shared his hurricane preparedness tips for fleets with Fleet Management Weekly.
- Jeff Bakke, chief strategy expert at WEX Health, wrote an HR.com article detailing reasons why employers should care about their employees’ financial stability.
- And another WEX Health exec, Chris Byrd, who is executive vice president of operations, was quoted by The Street in an article about how health savings accounts (HSAs) can double as retirement savings accounts.
For more on WEX, our employees and why we’re a great a place to work, continue exploring our blog.