Meet your end-to-end benefits administration needs
Benefits are a vital part of your company and culture. You deserve a benefits administration solution partner who will provide service you can depend on, use flexible technology to support your unique needs, and make it easy for your employees to understand and access their benefits.
WEX (formerly benefitexpress) offers a full spectrum of benefits administration solutions.
Benefits administration solutions
Full benefits administration
We built our benefits administration platform to be the easiest, most versatile solution on the market. We sweat the details so you can spend your time where it counts, in creating great benefits programs. And our deep expertise helps us do more than just design software. When you work with WEX, you have the support of professionals with decades of experience, unmatched domain knowledge and a commitment to service excellence.
- Do implementation right, the first time.
- Make updates in hours, not weeks.
- Educate and empower your employees.
Give your employees easy ways to better understand their benefits and improve their financial health. Many employees miss out on benefits provided because they don’t understand them. Our advanced decision support tool finds the best options for each employee, analyzing risk, cost, and personal preferences to show options tailored to their needs. Employees win, and so do you.
- Provide unique advice for each employee’s medical plan and HSA contributions in minutes.
- Boost employee satisfaction.
- Offer easy-to-understand comparisons of available health plans that make it simple for employees to educate themselves on their options.
Free up your team’s time and avoid costly compliance penalties with our year-round ACA tracking, filing, and reporting. ACA reporting is embedded and fully automated in our larger benefits administration platform, or we offer ACA forms and filings as a standalone service.
- Forms management: Create signature-ready 1094 and 1095 forms, with proper forms and codes automatically determined by our system’s data. We file all required forms with the IRS. WEX will create and test your forms, getting them print-ready for you.
- State reporting: Our ACA solution includes state reporting for employers located in CA, DC, NJ, and RI, and can quickly accommodate any states who are likely to consider action in the future.
- Eligibility tracking: Keep track of which employees meet eligibility thresholds automatically, and offer new benefits or end coverage as needed.
- Legal Compliance: Our in-house legal department works closely with our ACA team to monitor the legislative and regulatory environment, staying ahead of any changes to the law and communicating any process updates.
Customer care center
With WEX, you can rely on our best-in-class call center to field issues, answer questions and help navigate any challenges employees have with their benefits. Our representatives are experienced, with extensive customer service backgrounds and the ability to provide high quality health and welfare administration support. The average tenure of our call center representatives is 3.5 years, which helps ensure optimal continuity with representatives who are familiar with your benefit plan design and corporate culture.
- Comprehensive help: Representatives can assist employees with any aspect of their benefits, helping to reset passwords, upload documents, submit evidence of insurability, and more.
- End-to-end assistance: It’s easy for employees to enroll over the phone, with representatives walking them through each step before sending a confirmation statement through mail or email.
- Variety of contact options: Representatives can be reached via phone, secure message, and live chat during business hours.
- Available 24/7: Our Customer Care Center is ready to help five days a week from 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m. CT, with a special team that returns calls and emails sent after hours or over weekends.
- Quality you can rely on: All calls are recorded and accessible upon request.
COBRA & Direct bill
Our team of COBRA experts, project managers, and client service analysts tackle the administrative burden so you can focus on benefits strategies for your active population. Similarly, our direct billing services make it simple for you to keep administering benefits for past and present employees who aren’t currently on payroll.
- Year-round compliance.
- Payment management & coverage reconciliation.
- Seamless carrier integrations & communications.
- Access everything you need in one place.
- Online and mobile access for participants.
- Full customer support/call center.
- Simple reporting, custom to your needs.
If you rely on the honor system for your health plan enrollment, odds are you’re picking up the tab for ex-spouses, adult children, and others who shouldn’t be covered. Our dependent verification audit and ongoing support will make sure you cover only those needed. Not only will you save time and money, but you will also improve compliance, reduce stop-loss exposure, minimize litigation risks, and, most importantly, free up your team’s time and budget.
This ongoing, automated verification is integrated with our enrollment system, making it simple for employees to upload documents like proof of eligibility through their benefits portal, as well as get help from the same support team they use for other services. We can also support a one-time dependent eligibility audit.
Reimbursement accounts are a popular and cost-effective way to build employee happiness and engagement. Administering them can be time-consuming. Our suite of spending account administration tools automates employee accounts like transit, commuter, tuition, and wellness. Our solution includes project management for implementation, making it simple to switch to WEX.
Employees love and value commuter, wellness, and other types of reimbursement benefits, and our dashboard allows employees to access all accounts, transaction histories, and debit card information via the website or mobile app. With easy claims entry and receipt upload, employees can submit and check the status of their claims 24/7 through the website or mobile app.
Carrier bill reconciliation & payments
WEX can possibly save you thousands of dollars each month. We conduct monthly preparation and reconciliation of carrier bills and completely manage payment between you and your carriers through our seamless integration and proven process.
- Reconciliation of premium payments on a monthly basis, based on our database of participant coverage. We can use either a balance forward process or a full-file comparison.
- Balance-forward method brings the prior month’s payments forward with additions, deletions, and changes, then compares the new balance to the carrier bill.
- Automatic and system-driven retroactivity.
- Invoices segmented according to your needs – by location, division, or cost center.
- Consistent look and feel for all plans will simplify and improve accuracy for internal accounting.
Benefit analytics for benefit administration enables employers to make strategic decisions about their benefit offering. With easy-to-understand reporting, employers can boost key information to differentiate their offerings.
Evaluate key areas of your benefits administration performance, including:
- Benefit elections and cost
- User contacts
- Easy to navigate from our full benefits administration solution
- Flexibility to view your data in ways that make the most sense
- Fully interactive charts allow data to be displayed in multiple ways
Learn more about benefit analytics for benefits administration
WEX solutions are benefits-wise, relationship-driven
Led by benefits experts, our team makes outsourcing as simple, intuitive, and personal as it should be — not just for you, but for your employees, too.
When you choose WEX for your benefits administration needs, we pledge to deliver these six pillars of an outstanding client relationship:
- Transparent partnership
- Flexible, responsive account team
- Advanced, user-friendly system
- Dedicated customer service
- Strategic guidance on best practices
- Cost-saving administrative efficiencies
Interested in learning more?
Our clients value our technology, service, and expertise
Our client-facing staff averages 13+ years in the benefits industry and our executive team averages 25+. If you have a problem, odds are we’ve seen it and know how to help.
Easy enrollment for employees
Decision-support tools streamline the enrollment process, helping employees understand and choose the benefits that are best for them.
Our agile benefits platform accommodates even the most complex benefits rules and our 90-day implementation process makes sure everything’s working right from the start.