Apply for funding by using our online grant management tool.
At WEX, we believe that it is both an opportunity and a responsibility to give back to our local communities. At this time, our major grant programming is centered at our company’s heart and headquarters in South Portland, focusing on larger gifts that benefit greater Portland and the state of Maine as a whole. To maximize impact, we direct our corporate community philanthropic support toward five overarching categories: the Arts, Education (with a focus on STEM initiatives), Economic Development, Wellness, and Basic Needs. This allows us to make a truly substantial impact for the organizations that we support and the communities benefitting from our gifts.
Additionally, we offer smaller grants through employee-based giving committees, both in Maine and also in several of our other global locations. These giving committees provide funding to organizations that capture the time, support, and passions of local employees. All requests for funding are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
WEX is pleased to consider grant requests from organizations that are classified as charitable, non-profit organizations as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code, and other qualified state or local governmental entities. Before you apply for grants, consider that the following types of organizations, activities or purposes are not funded:
- Programs serving residents of communities outside our geographic footprint
- Private foundations
- Political candidates, lobbying or advocacy organizations
- Organizations with a limited constituency, such as fraternal, labor or veterans groups
- Religious organizations
- Athletic teams or social groups
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristic protected by law
- Trip and tours by groups or individuals